The standard fee for each session is $65.00 and may be made by check, cash or credit card.
I presently do not participate with insurance companies. The following are some benefits of paying directly:
- Direct payment may cost less than using insurance companies once you add up their co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance costs.
- Managed Health Care plans such as HMOs and PPOs often require advance authorization, without which they may refuse to provide reimbursement for
mental health services.
- These plans are often limited to short-term, crisis-oriented treatment and it may be necessary to seek approval for more therapy after a certain
number of sessions. While a lot can be accomplished in short-term therapy, some patients feel that they need more services after insurance benefits end. Some managed-care plans do not allow
additional services once your benefits end.
- Many insurance companies require you to authorize me to provide them with a clinical diagnosis. This could be counted against you if you
apply for a life insurance policy.
- Some insurance companies will require additional clinical information such as treatment plans or summaries, or copies of the entire record (in
rare cases). This information will become part of the insurance company files and will probably be stored in a computer. Though all insurance companies claim to keep such information confidential, I
have no control over what they do with it once it is in their hands. In some cases, they may share the information with a national medical information databank.